Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Faith Club

I just finished the most amazing book. The book, The Faith Club: A Muslim, A Christian, A Jew - Three Women Search for Understanding by Ranya Idliby, Suzanne Oliver, and Priscilla Warner, is a collaborative non-fiction book that these three women wrote about their experience forming an interfaith discussion group. I have to say it is one of the best books I've read recently and I was brought to tears more than once while reading it. It reminded me a lot of my own UU Christian Circle group. Anyone on a spiritual journey (and aren't we all, really?) would do well to read it. I picked mine up at the local public library. They also have a website that you can check out which includes information about how to start your own Faith Club. Their website is www.thefaithclub.com.

Love it!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Comrade Kevin said…

    I applaud your efforts to bring consensus among people of different faiths. Religions were originally instituted among people to unify them together under a common purpose, not to divide them.

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Earthbound Spirit said…

    I love online library catalogs - I just put myself on the reserve list for this book. All the copies in the county-wide system are checked out, which I take as a good sign! Thanks for the tip.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home