Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Illness - of the computer variety

Well, we were finally hit with a computer virus. We had virus protection software installed and had been lucky for years, but our time ran out. Those hackers out there with Too Much Time On Their Hands finally came out with a virus that got to us before the protection update did. Our hard drive took a big hit. Thus explains my absence from the internet for the last two weeks.

However, my husband, who is an IT manager had his recovery team working on it and I think they managed to salvage some of our old info from the diseased hard-drive. But Big J hasn't had time time yet to get it loaded onto the hard-drive we are now using. So for the time being I am without my address book, my URL favorites, and important info (passwords and such) that I'd saved in old email messages. So I'm stumbling along like a toddler learning to walk. For now.

But at least I am back online.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Comrade Kevin said…

    Purchasing a Mac may not be an option for you right now, but if you'll allow, let me mention that no virus has yet been created that impacts Mac OS. *knock on wood*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home