Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Brand Spankin' New Year!

It is with great joy that I say we have finally put 2007 to bed for good. Good riddance! I didn't feel a desire to recap 2007. 2007 was one of (if not *the*) worst years of my life and I am not sorry it is over. By the end of the year, things started to look up and so I am hopeful that this time next year I have a much more positive summary to give for 2008.

My blogging will probably continue to be sporadic while I am working full-time. I'll make up for it next summer when I'm home all the time.

I do want to make a couple of additions to my blog this year. Several years ago I kept a running list of books I read in a given year. I haven't done that in recent years and my memory isn't great. So I thought starting in 2008 I will replace my generic "library thing" list with my current reading list. Maybe I'll also keep a running list of movies I see this year. (We almost *never* go to theaters anymore so it'll mostly be from Blockbuster Online rentals.) I wonder if my readers will be interested in this. I admit I'm mostly doing it for myself just as a reminder of the thoughts that go in and out of my head. As soon as I finish one of the books I'm reading I'll set up the list.

Oh, and we are getting closer to a big election, so I'm sure 2008 will be chock full of those kinds of discussions as well.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Lilylou said…

    Looking forward to reading you more often in the new year, Mama G. I've missed your posts. And I do hope that 2008 is a much better year!

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Comrade Kevin said…

    Only one more year of President Bush! That's worth celebrating for sure.

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Robin Edgar said…

    I expect that I will still be spanking naughty U*Us this year too. . . ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home