Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Feelin' Lousy

Have I mentioned before that I have Lupus? (I like to say that I have Lupus, but it doesn't have me because, generally, it doesn't.) Anyway, I've run into a snag. I ran out of one of my meds that I have to take daily. Last time I went to the doc, she gave me a new prescription for refills, but that was several months ago and now I can't find the prescription! I put it somewhere for "safe keeping". HA! I was going to try to tough it out until my August 1 appointment (stupid, I know), but I'm starting to notice I am feeling bad. It really feels like arthritis pain. My right knee hurts and my hips and shoulders are starting to hurt. Sigh. It makes it hard to do anything.

So I guess I'll have to call the doc once the office opens this morning and see if she can have something phoned to the pharmacy for me. No way I can make it unmedicated until Aug. 1.

On top of all that, I went to the dentist yesterday to have two crowns put in. I'm a baby so I asked them to numb my mouth so I wouldn't feel it. Well, wouldn't you know, I chomped down on the inside of my left cheek without even realizing it when it was numb. Last night when the numbness wore off I had this incredible bruised-like pain in my jaw. Took me a while to figure out what was going on.

So anyway, I'm not feeling great physically and emotionally I just feel grumpy. And the heat outside is oppressive so we're all stuck inside in the AC. I need to think of something creative for us to do, but I just don't feel up to the challenge right now.

Grumph!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home