Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Yard Sales

This past Saturday we had a yard sale. I'm not a huge fan of yard sales and never shop in them (I never feel compelled to buy other people's junk). But our neighborhood was having one of those big community yard sales anyway so I decided to set a few things out and see what would happen.

I've been so busy lately with all the kids' camps and other activities, that I didn't gather as much stuff as I'd hoped, but we still managed to cover our driveway and front lawn. Most of what I had was ... sniff ... baby stuff. My "baby" is now 4 1/2, but he's my last and I've been holding onto his stuff. But this weekend I bit my lip and let it all go. I sold his crib, stroller, lots of toys, baby clothes, etc. It was really hard and at times there were tears when I was going through some of his tiny clothes. A couple of little outfits were ones that I really loved to put him in. In the end, I took what was left and donated it to Goodwill. It does make me feel better to know that someone else will get some good use out of our previously used stuff. I know that the Buddhists believe attachment to stuff hinders us in our spiritual development. But it is so hard to let go...

We did make over $200 and we are planning use the money to take the kids to an amusement park before school starts again. And I did clear out a little closet space so that is good too.

Sigh...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home