Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Ok, I think I got it

Well, as much as anyone ever can get such a contradiction as there being one God but three persons of God. Huh?

Anyway, the explanation that my untrained brain came up with from my reading is that there are three aspects of God - God the Father (a.k.a. the part of God who is not me and/or other people), God the Son (a.k.a. the part of God who became/becomes human through Jesus and other humans), and the Holy Spirit (a.k.a. the part of God shared by the two as in the air that we breathe and all of our interactions with the world).

Now granted, I realize this probably isn't totally theologically sound for all those seminarians out there. But spiritually speaking, this is a college-level concept and I'm still in kindergarten so give me a break. ;-)

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Joel Monka said…

    I am reminded of the words of one of our former ministers here at All Souls Indianapolis. He said he'd been told that Jesus was wholly man and wholly God- and that was one too many "wholly's" for him.

    I'm so glad you respomded to my post on Peacebang- imagine there being another UU blogger from Indy, and I never knew! I like what I've read here so far, and intend to keep on reading!

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Mama G said…

    Well, to be fair, I haven't been actively blogging long. Even though I started a year ago, it was in fits and starts and I didn't correspond with others until recently. I am just thrilled to find other UU bloggers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home