Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sitting at the big table

When it comes to this idea of spiritual blogging, I feel like a kid who wants to sit at the big table. I've discovered this new (to me) group of bloggers whose ideas and posts really click with me. However, I can't help thinking who am I to jump into the mix. For the first 36 years of my life I had basically no religion at all. My parents were, at best, hostile toward organized religion and for the most part didn't mention it at all. It has only been the last 3 years that I've been going to church and it is of the Unitarian Universalist variety. So my religious education has been pretty sparse. I've read a lot and journaled a lot and meditated a lot. I've come a long way from where I was (spiritually speaking) 3 years ago. But I still feel like I'm worlds behind these other folks who can talk circles around me.

It all comes back to this nagging thought I've always had that I'm "not good enough". I don't know where it came from, but there it is. I've struggled to get to the point where I can accept that I am good enough. I am who I am where I am in my life right now and that's okay. But then I get a niddling little thought in the back of my head that I should keep my mouth shut because I don't know what I'm talking about. Sigh. It's a constant battle.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Axinar said…

    Would you like me to fill you in on the last seven years of research I have done on Judaism?? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home