Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I am so lucky

So this afternoon as I sat in the back of a darkened music classroom, I was struck by the change my life has taken over the last two years. Here I am among these wonderful children whose lives I am touching and (hopefully) making a difference. I am surrounded by other adults who respect what I do and welcome me with open arms into their environment. My license is all but delivered and I may get a permanent job soon. Or I may not. That doesn't even matter really. I am happy with who I am today.

I am so far from who I was two years ago. I couldn't even imagine my future. All I could see was endless days of sameness with no real meaning or fulfillment. But in retrospect it seems that I've been undergoing a series of slight but important changes over the past two years. It is led me to where I am today and will continue to lead me into God knows what. I feel no anxiety at all about the unknown. I have faith that God will take me where I am meant to go. I am so excited about what is yet to come. And I am so excited about sitting in that classroom today and looking into the eyes of those children who appreciate having me in their lives.

I am truly blessed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home