Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

God Bless London

What a way to wake up this morning. Big J came in before leaving for work and told me that several bombs had gone off in London overnight. I rolled over and covered my head. How does this keep happening? We keep killing each other. It is so messed up.

I avoided CNN for most of the morning. Took the boys out for a nice drive up to church so that I could prepare the cards for the July birthdays. The weather is warm but the humidity is much more tolerable than it had been. We drove along with the windows down and singing along to Radio Disney. E thought we were going to church (as in worship) and I had to tell him, no, today isn't Sunday. He was confused that we were going to church on a non-church day. I guess he didn't realize we were all wearing shorts and flip flops and I had no make-up on. Oh to be nine years old again. Anyway, we were only there for 15 minutes or so, but I think it was long enough to get on the secretary's nerves. The minister came out and said hi and then retreated back to his office. The secretary said my boys reminded her of a couple of puppies. She was right - they were in the meeting room across from her office wrestling on the sofas. Why they can't behave for 15 minutes, I don't know. As we were leaving, E ran into (literally) an elderly man in the congregation who just happens to be a worship associate as he was bringing in some plants for, I assume, the minister. He laughed and was good natured about it. I, however, was ready to go home. Lord, give me strength.

Anyway, we came home and I got the boys settled watching a video in the backroom while I made their lunch and then I turned on the TV. One station said "over 40 fatalities so far" while another one said "37 confirmed dead" and over 360 injured. The biggest attack on London since World War II. I don't even know how to react. It just makes me sick. God, be with these people as they face the aftermath of these attacks. And be with those who perpetrated such terrible things on humanity and turn their hearts.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home