Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Difficult Fall

I haven't posted in a couple of months now. I have just been in a funk for most of the season. I don't really know what the problem is. I have been praying daily just to get through the day and feel like I've been hanging on by my fingertips. I'm hoping that with the resurrection of the new year, I'll find and feel a new inspiration.

In addition to dealing with the stress of working full-time and shuttling kids here and there, I've also been worried about my grandparents. My dad's parents are 78 and have been showing signs of declining mental (and physical) health. A couple of weeks ago, my dad and his sisters finally had my grandfather put into a nursing home. He seems confused most of the time and doesn't know what is going on or who anyone is. He no longer speaks because he's forgotten the words. Meanwhile, my grandmother calls my dad 6-8 times a day to ask the same question because she forgets she's already asked it. And they've found two blockages in her main arteries - 70% and 75%. She is going through with the bypass even though it is risky at her age. Plus we've been told that the Alzheimer's will most likely increase after the operation. I worry about my own dad because of the stress this puts him under. His own parents have become like children and he is their main caretaker since one of his sisters is facing her own battles with cancer that isn't responding to chemo and his other sister has other life challenges. It really is true that when it rains, it pours.

And our finances have had me worried too, but that's nothing new. Maybe one of these days I'll be in a position to stop worrying about money. That day is a long way off though.

I mention all these woes only as a means of releasing them into the universe. I want to get rid of them before the start of the new year. Next year will be better and I will be more balanced and at peace. That is my resolution.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home