Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Bumper Stickers


In June this year, just after school was out, my van died. I'd driven it for 7 years and it was like an old friend. I was heartbroken to get rid of it, despite the fact it had been failing for years.

Anyway, by some miracle of God (almost literally), we got a new van. Well, it isn't "new" (it's a 2005), but it is new to me. And more significantly, it has no identifying marks. So I've been wanting to add something that identifies it as mine. My old van had a UU bumper sticker (Uncommon Denomination). Despite the controversy surrounding that sticker, at least it identified me (and made it easy for me to pick out my green van in the sea of vans at the grocery store parking lot). I don't want to get into the Darwin fish wars. A lot of those things, I feel, are antagonistic and fly in the face of Christ's message. So I don't want to be negative, but want to find something positive instead. The picture above this post is the one I ended up ordering this morning. I saw it on a car a year or so ago and have loved it ever since.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger PeaceBang said…

    I had that same bumpersticker for years, MTTL! People often honked to give me the thumbs up, and sometimes people asked me very hostile questions about it in the parking lot. Be prepared for some interesting discussions about your faith!

    Also, thank you for not resorting to the stupid Darwin fish thing. Like all Christians are creationists. SO stupid and insulting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home