Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Friday, March 09, 2007

The flu strikes

I am crawling back to consciousness after being blind-sided by the flu this week. I have managed to lose 3 days of my life. I've been feverish, shivery, congested, hacking, etc. Not a pretty picture. I've been living in my flannel jammies huddled under blankets on the recliner and surrounded by kleenexes, bottles of nyquil, half-drunk cups of hot tea and cough drops.

Finally, this morning, I am resurfacing. I am not totally back to normal (my nose is still giving me grief). But my fever seems to be gone and the achiness has subsided. I should be able to return to work next week.

In the meantime, everything around the house has fallen apart. Big J tried to do a little laundry when he got home last night and he's loaded the dishwasher once or twice. But after working all day he only felt like doing what absolutely had to be done. There is plenty left for me to do today.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Lilylou said…

    Hey, there, MTL, are you doing okay? Haven't seen your shining prose on the blog lately, so I'm just checking.
    Ms. Kitty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home