Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Monday, March 05, 2007

I did it!

By a strange fluke, I had today off work but didn't find out until after I'd dropped D off at the sitter. So, as I'd promised myself I would do if such an occasion ever arose, I decided to go to the gym. I changed my clothes, grabbed my keys and jacket, and was out the door before I could talk myself out of it.

I did 30 minutes of cardio on the stationary bike and then about 20 minutes of weight work on the machines. I have to adjust the machines down to just about the lowest setting, but it's a start. I only managed to go to the gym once last week, so this makes my second time to go since we restarted our membership. I am bound and determined to get this body in shape again.

And maybe it'll help me feel better emotionally too.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger HeadCase said…

    Yay for you! It will definitely make you feel better in every way. Go get 'em!

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    Good for you!

    I remember the first time I did something non-work/school related while my son was in daycare/pre-school and how exhilarating it felt to just have a moment or two for just me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home