Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

29th day of Lent

This is my 29th day without coffee, and you know, I don't really even miss it anymore. Now I have to admit that the weekends are the hardest. It is especially hard on a Saturday afternoon when it is 28 degrees outside and I come inside from running errands. On those occasions, I have had some flashes of yearning for a cup of coffee and a good book while curled up under a blanket next to the window. But at least I am no longer hanging on and counting my life in terms of how long it is until the next cup of coffee. ;-/

By the way, I always thought Lent was 40 days (between Ash Wednesday and Easter). But tonight, in calculating how many days I've been without coffee, I find that 40 days actually takes me to Palm Sunday rather than Easter. So is "Lent" over on Palm Sunday or is Lent actually 47 days long? Not that it matters, but now I am confused...

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger MIME said…

    Boy you seem to have conquered the coffee habit...good job! I really enjoy my coffee but feel the need to cut back (not eliminate)so now my day is measured into 2 coffee-break units: I have my morning cup and my afternoon cup. I set the stage and stop the world for each, making sure there's nothing that will keep me from fully savoring the moment---like kids, telephone calls, chores etc. I know my coffee habit is both physiological and psychological.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    With UU regards from Croatia!

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I've given up coffee too! It was hardest at first, but, yes, weekeneds are the worst.

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Comrade Kevin said…

    Subtract Sundays. :-)

    Trips us all up.

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Alex said…

    I asked the general manager at work (he's also a decaon in the Catholic church) and he informed me that A) Ash Wednesday is not the first day of lent, B) Sundays are not counted, as they are not "days of obligation." (You could have that cuppa on Sunday).

    alex

     

Post a Comment

<< Home