Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Friday, September 07, 2007

Silence is better than a blubbering rant

I remember when I first discovered the blog world a couple of years ago, I stumbled on some random blogs where people seemed to want to air their dirty laundry. Lots of personal information that made me uncomfortable to read and foul language that railed at the world at large. I remember wondering what the point of the tirade was (attention?) and feeling a little embarrassed for the anonymous author.

So I have chosen to be silent a lot lately. I am currently in a very dark place and almost anything I can say or write comes out sounding either weepy or full of rage. And my blog readers don't deserve that dumped on them.

Sometimes life is very very difficult and you wonder how you'll manage to hold on for one more day. But then by some miraculous feat you do only to face the same dilemma the next day. And the next. I'm waiting for some spiritual enlightenment to make sense of all this but it isn't coming yet.

I had a dream the other night. I was driving my van down a familiar local road and I went around a pond. As I made a curve to go around it I realized that the road had flooded and my van was sinking into the pond. My automatic windows were rolled up and it all happened so fast that I didn't have time to lower the windows. In an instant I knew that I was done for. Almost instantaneously the brown murky water rose up the outsides of my windows. I woke up with my heart pounding and gasping for breath.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Lilylou said…

    Mama G, do you have access to a counselor or someone you can talk to? I hope you can find some relief; this is no way to live. If this is too much advice, I'm sorry. But I am concerned for you.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Oh, honey!

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger LaReinaCobre said…

    ::hug::

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger goodwolve said…

    Sometimes ranting online can give you a moment of clarity. Rant away!

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger PeaceBang said…

    Hang in there, Mama. I affirm your instinct to preserve your privacy.

    Love to you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home