Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Yardwork

Memorial Day weekend is the first weekend we've had so far this spring where we were free to do some actual yardwork. We've neglected almost everything since late last fall, so there was plenty to do. Big J worked in the garage most of yesterday cleaning it out. I did weeding in all of my flower beds, pots, patio area, and my herb/veggie garden plot. I put Little J to work cultivating the soil in the existing bed. I also had him dig a new bed for the strawberry plants we'd bought. And he had to dig a couple of holes for the raspberry bushes we put in. We've ordered two blueberry bushes so we set aside an area for them. Then we put up a small fence around the two beds and berry bushes. It doesn't sound like all that much, but all five of us spent several hours doing hard work yesterday afternoon. I still need to buy some annual bedding plants for my pots and flower beds and we need a new umbrella to replace the one that was broken in the storm last summer. Then our backyard will be set for the summer. Once things grow some more I'll post pictures.

Also (Yay!) it's raining! This has been the driest May in recent history and our grass was already turning brown. A little early in the summer for that. Anyway, the rain is turning everything green. But it is starting to storm so I better get off the computer.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home