Why are these blog Memes fun?
Okay, here goes...
Eight Random Things About Me
1. I was married on the playground in 2nd grade to a boy who was Darin to my Samantha (we played Bewitched every day at recess). Half the second grade class was in attendance.
2. When I eat M&M's I have to have an even number of M&M's in my hand with an even number of each color. I eat them in pairs by color - one on the left side of my mouth, one on the right. Does this mean I'm anal retentive?
3. My dad (a teacher) brought home a panel of a chalkboard and put it in our garage. I used to play school with my sister, cousin, and several stuffed animals. I was always the teacher.
4. My first musical concert was Neil Diamond when I was a freshman in high school with my boyfriend and his parents.
5. I have always had a large birthmark on the back of my left leg.
6. I directed my high school band when I was a drum major as a senior in high school in (among other places) Battery Park in New York City.
7. I can still remember the first page of the first book I ever read when I was four years old. The book was Big Max and the first page went: "Big Max was a detective. He was the greatest detective in the whole world." I must have read it 100 times every night before bed that year. I told my parents I had to have a table lamp beside my bed so I could read before bed. I started young. ;-)
8. My favorite place in my entire life has been my grandparents lakeside cabin when I was growing up. It was sold after my grandmother died when I was 17, but it is where I learned to love nature and how to spend quality time with family. It is the place I think of whenever I need to go to my "happy place".
Okay, now my turn to tag (sorry to tag some of the same people this time; I don't know that many bloggers):
Labels: Miscellaneous Fun