Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Why are these blog Memes fun?

I've been tagged again by Yogamum to do a meme. She knows I can't resist these sorts of things. This one might be hard, though. I'm supposed to list 8 Random Things About Me... (tapping head...think, think, think)

Okay, here goes...

Eight Random Things About Me

1. I was married on the playground in 2nd grade to a boy who was Darin to my Samantha (we played Bewitched every day at recess). Half the second grade class was in attendance.

2. When I eat M&M's I have to have an even number of M&M's in my hand with an even number of each color. I eat them in pairs by color - one on the left side of my mouth, one on the right. Does this mean I'm anal retentive?

3. My dad (a teacher) brought home a panel of a chalkboard and put it in our garage. I used to play school with my sister, cousin, and several stuffed animals. I was always the teacher.

4. My first musical concert was Neil Diamond when I was a freshman in high school with my boyfriend and his parents.

5. I have always had a large birthmark on the back of my left leg.

6. I directed my high school band when I was a drum major as a senior in high school in (among other places) Battery Park in New York City.

7. I can still remember the first page of the first book I ever read when I was four years old. The book was Big Max and the first page went: "Big Max was a detective. He was the greatest detective in the whole world." I must have read it 100 times every night before bed that year. I told my parents I had to have a table lamp beside my bed so I could read before bed. I started young. ;-)

8. My favorite place in my entire life has been my grandparents lakeside cabin when I was growing up. It was sold after my grandmother died when I was 17, but it is where I learned to love nature and how to spend quality time with family. It is the place I think of whenever I need to go to my "happy place".

Okay, now my turn to tag (sorry to tag some of the same people this time; I don't know that many bloggers):

Lizard Eater
Chalice Chick
Jess's Journal
Mathmom
Kinsi
Peacebang
Ms. Kitty
UUMomma

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Lilylou said…

    Hey, thanks for the meme! Now I have to dredge up some little known but admissible facts about myself. Give me a few days, okay?

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    Ack!

    I just saw this tag - will have to come up for air to answer it. Thanks!

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger kinsi said…

    gah! tagged again. this one might take a bit.

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Yogamum said…

    I have the same feelings about my grandparents' farm. In fact I'd like to buy it -- no one lives there, it's in the middle of nowhere in Kansas, and I know nothing about farming, but I'd just like to hold onto the memory.

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger PeaceBang said…

    Oh boy! Give me a few days! I LOVE yours.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger mathmom said…

    so, I'm a little slow :) I haven't been blogging lately. Am I supposed to be able to see from my own blog somehow that you tagged me, or just by reading yours?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home