Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Spring Cleaning - Day 1

So as we are on Spring Break this week, I am taking advantage of having some free time to thoroughly clean my house after months of neglect. Now you may shudder and think there should be a better way to spend my vacation time. True. A teacher-friend of mine is in Hawaii this week. Of course, she doesn't have any kids and has more money than me. I would love to go away somewhere warmer (although I am not complaining about our sunny mid-70's weather today). But since travelling wasn't an option and I'm sick of looking at this dirty house, I am cleaning. I won't have another chance like this until June after school is out. With the weather nice outside I'm able to open all the windows and air the place out. The occasional breezes that blow through along with the chirping of the birds outside make this a much more enjoyable task.

Anyway, my plan is to tackle one room each day this week. Today I am starting with the master bathroom. In addition to regular cleaning of the sinks and counter, I've cleaned the inside of the window (climbing up and down on a stool and cleaning the crevices with an old toothbrush). I just finished getting down on my hands and knees and going around the room wiping down the baseboards and cleaning the gunk that accumulates in the corners of bathrooms (dust combined with moisture from multiple showers). Of course, once I was down there I realized how I need to clean off the fronts of my wooden cabinets as well as the bathroom door inside and out. Those are the kinds of things that don't get cleaned in regular cleaning.

I also had Big J pick up one of those Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaners. You hang it from your showerhead and after your shower push a button. Cleaning spray comes out and rotates in a 360 degree angle to coat all surfaces of the shower. I don't know how well it will work, but I'm willing to give it a try. I absolutely hate cleaning that shower stall.

Yes, it is a huge job, but I'm already getting really excited about how clean the bathroom is looking. And I'm not even done yet! I haven't decided which room I want to do next. After today I may want to pick an easier room.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home