Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

These boots are made for walkin'

I went shopping today to spend my Christmas and birthday money and decided to really treat myself. You have to understand, I have a really hard time shopping for myself. Money is always so tight for us that I feel tremendous guilt whenever I buy anything for myself. When I do get money (gifts) I go to clearance racks so I can maximize the quantity I can buy for the money I've got. But today I went shopping with intent to treat myself. I deserve to have more than just clearance rack items all the time. I bought these boots today. They are so killer! I was a bit bothered by the fact that they were labeled "Junior" shoes as if one can't buy them if they're over 25 years old. Puh-leeze. I also got a new pair of jeans and a trendy turquoise sweater with collar and cuffs on the 3/4 length sleeves. The wisdom of Stacy London and Clinton Kelley (fashion gurus from my favorite show, TLC's What Not to Wear, which is on my current short list of favorite TV shows) kept running through my mind the whole time I was shopping. Live and learn, indeed.

I wore the whole outfit, boots included, out tonight. I felt really good and Little J said it was cool but weird that I looked like a modern mom. I do have to say that these 3 1/2" heels are taking some getting used to.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home