Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Long Live the Queen


Tonight at dinner, Big J gave me this tiara (notice the "40"). I wore it all night and I'm planning to take it to the restaurant on Saturday. He also is getting us tickets to see the Celtic Woman concert in April. But get a load of this. Here is a poem that Big J wrote for me:

Sipping red wine she stares at the past
Little girl to woman, the time has flown so fast
A scrapbook holds the memories that last
For this curly-haired little dancer, a delight unsurpassed

Bright brown eyes create the pages of today
And now her children's activities hold sway
Birthday parties, sports, homework - priorities to be weighed
So much activity, there's no time to delay!

Wisps of silver trail down her cheek
As she stares at the blank pages, the future she seeks
She smiles and considers the new adventures she'll greet
For this still curly-haired sweet dancer, her curiosity is piqued


Isn't that the coolest? Talk about being surprised. I have to put that away for safe keeping.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home