Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Must be award time

Last night I watched most of the Golden Globe Awards (although I do admit to flipping back and forth between the awards and Supernanny). Watching the awards, one of my main thoughts was how old I'm getting. Ben Stiller, who is only slightly older than myself I think, has gone gray. Some Hollywood main-stays like Geena Davis, Meryl Streep, Warren Beatty, Tom Hanks, etc. are starting to show their age. And who are all those new kids, anyway? At least the Golden Globes aren't as bad as the Oscars usually are. When the Oscars come out, for the past several years I've rarely seen more than one or two of the nominated movies. Who has the time or money to go out to the movies anymore? At least last night I was able to say I saw an award winner...Cars won for best animated film. And since the Golden Globes include TV, I at least have seen many of those shows.

I was disappointed that Desperate Housewives or The Office didn't win for best comedy. I haven't seen Ugly Betty yet. My TV dance card is just about full and I don't have the free space to be adding on these new shows. After watching the awards, I would like to see The Queen and Babel one of these days. But of course I'll wait till they are at Blockbuster or on PPV. Paying for 5 admissions plus accompanying popcorn and soda can put Mama G in debt as fast as anything. $3.99 for PPV is much more reasonable.

Alas, not to be outdone, the UU Bloggers are also having awards. Apparently this is their 3rd annual award confirmations. Being new to the UU Blog world, I have nothing to contribute, but I'm really curious to read the nominees, to vote, and to see who wins. Fun, fun, fun. If you want in on the action go to the UUpdater page at UUpdater

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home