Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Speaking of TV

I don't usually double-post in one day, but I feel compelled to make a couple of comments about my TV-watching this past week.

First, there were a couple of people who totally rocked! (At 40, am I too old to say "totally rocked"? LOL).

On Survivor - Yaoman is a beast! He's the oldest and probably least muscular person on the show and he consistently nails the challenges. Plus he has the immunity idol. I just love that guy so much that I find myself tuning in just to see him.

Who else rocks? Dwight on The Office! For eight years he has brought pepper spray in to work "just in case". He is too hilarious and yay for setting Roy back a few paces. Angela is all a-twitter. (And I have to give a nod to Michael in his cross-dressing suit. Clueless and perfect.)

My personal favorites of the week were last night on TLC. Two thumbs up to the Behind the Seams (a.k.a. scenes) episode of What Not to Wear. WNTW is one of my absolute favorite TV shows in the world so I was really excited for the Behind the Seams episode. I've fantasized about being on the show myself, so seeing how it is done was a real treat. I love Stacy and Clinton and have learned so much from them. Going shopping since I've started watching them is so much easier and I feel like I have a better idea of what looks good and what doesn't. Last night was also the premiere of Stacy's new show: Shut up! it's Stacy London. I enjoyed it mostly because I really like Stacy and feel like her fashion advice is right on target. This new show is in a talk-show format on the fashion and beauty theme. I liked it but found the intensity level similar that that of an infomercial. They need to tone it down just a tad IMO.

Finally, on a sadder note, we bid farewell to Laverne, the nurse matriarch on Scrubs. Having become Scrubs addicts in this household, we were literally moved by Nurse Roberts' death. Yes, it is just a show and the actress probably wanted to move on to other things, but her biting tongue and motherly advice will be missed. Sniff.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Becoming said…

    YaoMan does totally rock. I am glad there is another UU Mom Survivor watcher out there. For the record we don't have cable, but most of the UU moms I know, DO have satellite and TiVo or some sort of DVR.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home