Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

The best of intentions

I had every intention of spending this week thoroughly cleaning my house. Ideally I'd return to work on Monday with a spotless house. Guess how that turned out...

Now, as I mentioned the other day, my master bathroom is spotless. I cleaned it top to bottom and it looks like it did when we moved in. I love to go and just sit in there and smell the clean. It's the cleanest room in the house. The rest of the house...well, it's exactly the same as it was last week. I got sidetracked early in the week with having to run errands (doctor appointments, hair appointments, etc.) and when I got back home I was too overwhelmed to deal with any cleaning.

We had originally planned to get together with my extended family today for Easter, but since it is in the 30's outside (and I don't think my mom wanted all 7 grandkids cooped up inside her house), Mom decided to postpone our get-together for a couple of weeks until it gets warmer and the kids can play outside. So my only real plans for today include coloring Easter eggs with the kids. Besides that I feel obligated to clean something. I think I'll work in the kitchen. Realistically I need to clean the big appliances (oven, dishwasher, and fridge) and deep clean the floor. But I don't think I have the energy to tackle all of that today. Maybe I'll just focus on the floor for now.

It is so much easier to clean when it is 70 degrees outside and you can open the windows!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home