Mom to the Left

I'm a mom who tends to live just to the "left" of most of the people around me here in Indiana.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Cub Scout Day Camp 2007



You may have noticed I've been away from the blog world for a few days. I have been spending the week at Cub Scout Day Camp. My middle son will be a second-year Webelo this year. In scouting terms, that means this is his last summer as a Cub Scout before he bridges up into Boy Scouts. Our local council reserves one of the area city parks and all of its shelter houses for three days every summer and invites Cub Scouts (ages 6-11) to come to Day Camp where they do things like archery (that's my son with the bow and arrow in the picture), shooting BB guns, fishing, swimming, making crafts, playing games, singing songs, and so on. Southern Indiana is very hilly and 3 days of going up and down the hill in the park really wore out this old den leader. But everyone had a great time and I'm sure it was a highlight of my son's summer.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Jamie Goodwin said…

    I remember those day camps (we had them around here too) and they always were great fun.

    One of the coolest thing about scouts is having fun while learning. Half the time you don't even realize your learning.

    Welcome Home!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger hoosierxheart said…

    Hello. I just happened upon your blog while doing a search for Cub Scouts Bow and Arrow. Believe it or not, you're profile popped up on the second page. I'm a den leader for my son's bear den. Day Camp is a blast for the boys.

    Anyway, I hope you don't mind if I link to your posts. I've enjoyed reading them. Have a great day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home